Friday, August 26, 2011

Greenwood area homes

I haven't responded in over 3 hours...had to get emergency supplies as hurricane Irene will most likely hit here Sunday.
I received this forwarded email about 1 hour ago.  I believe it was written by Chris at Greenwood.  Here is the report:

Dear Cat Islanders,
Everyone is save BUT:
This was the worst ever. Sorry to say but the island does not look good.
Rainbow house is gone…sorry Jack and Cathy.
Bob And Patty house is gone.
Most of the houses have damges.
Greenwood did allright and will be in operation in a few weeks.
I was stuck with some Italian guests and we weathered the storm.
The rest of the island does not look better.
First flights should be possible Friday afternoon.
I wish the news could be better.
I have spoken to Bob quite a bit and if you have any questions, please email him.
My cell in Nassau is 376 3004.
The island has a lot of poles down and it might take a while till we can operate normally again.

I will be on the island and accessible via email till the weekend when I have to go back to Nassau for a few days and then return.



No comments:

Post a Comment